I was nominated for a Liebster Award!

17:22 Unknown 7 Comments




This happened! I got nominated for the Liebster award! 
(And award given to new bloggers, by bloggers. A way of offering support and showing appreciation for new / low reader count blogs! And the lovely Kelly Render from the Blog "Motherhood: Shit just got real" decided I should receive the award! Thank you so much hun!
(Yes, I'm overly excited...My blog is getting recognition!)

friends happy dance chandler chandler dance
Quick sidenote - Liebster in German is "Dearest"....I find that cute as hell!

Now, I have the task of finding some new blogs which I believe deserve recognition...Time to go hunting! But the rules for taking part in this award is pretty simple...

Firstly - Make sure you show recognition for the Blogger that nominated you and include a link to their blog also. (Though I'm pretty sure you would want to anyway out of appreciation!)
Next - Upon your nomination, the person that nominated you will give you 11 questions. In your post, you must answer these questions.
Thirdly - Give your readers 11 random facts about you...Let the readers get to know you a little!
Fourth - Find 11 new blogs you believe deserve to be nominated for the Liebster Awards.
Last, but not least - Give your nominees 11 questions for them to answer on their blog!

Before I start!

I just want to give a speech. ( Let me have this moment damnit!!!)
beautiful misfits generation nathan young fucked up
Moment over.

Part 2
My Answers:

1 - What is the one thing you can't live without?

Humour. I think it is important to have a laugh sometimes, otherwise life becomes too serious...And that's just unnatural in my eyes! There's a time and a place, sure...But one thing that gets me through the day is being able to have a laugh and a joke.
Tying into that, I love people being sassy. I don't get offended because I find it too hilarious!

come on cmon c'mon star wars seriously


2 - How did you come up with your Blog name?

Initially this Blog was named "Writing for Jonny"...Guess that is kind of an obvious one. I lost a friend to suicide and one of his sayings was "Do what makes you happy". So yeah...That explains that I guess!
I started off with 3 blogs. One for my scrapbooking, one for mental health and one for travel...But keeping 3 blogs going became difficult! I decided to merge Writing for Jonny and How to Cross the Road into one blog.
The name "How to Cross the Road" originally came to me when I was thinking of a name which would symbolise the difference in cultures between Germany and England. For instance, in Germany barely anyone will cross the road if the light is on red, whereas in England we just run!
I now believe the title has a deeper meaning since merging the blogs. I focus more on mental health, discrimination and differences...so the title, to me, now means how to move forward in life and combat those differences in society.

tv show mmfd rae earl mad fat diary


3 - What is your favourite thing to do in your down time?

Masturbate.

Joke!
I really enjoy just binge watching Netflix whilst doing arty things for my scrapbook. Basically having time to myself, ignoring social media and just letting myself get absorbed in whatever I'm doing.
Also I love having drinks and a dance with friends...Not particularly always out on the town...just buying a few beers, going to a house with music you enjoy with people you know and like...Just getting drunk and dancing around the room...One of my fondest memories of Jonny to be honest!

dancing drunk musical carol burnett annie


4 - If you could go to any one place for a day, where would it be?

Well, if we're talking fictional then I would love to go to Rivendell (Lord of the rings geek!) I have always loved the concept of Elves. (Plus I would probably hunt down Legolas!)
If we're talking in the real world...New Zealand...Okay I'd want to be there for more than a day...but it's pretty expensive so one day would satisfy me! It's such a beautiful country...

movie film cute quote the hobbit


5 - Why did you start blogging?

I've always enjoyed reading and writing but, since realising my health would stop me from continuing into my nursing degree, I started wondering more about writing more publicly. However the fear of not being good enough, what people would think and not believing I would be any good at it got in the way. It was only once Jonny died I decided to go for it. He would tell me to just do it if it made me happy. It's my way of honouring his memory.

write you are beautiful writen


6 - What chore do you hate doing the most?

Dusting. I have Asthma...

cleaning dust angry fuck you spider man


7 - What do you think is wrong in society today?

So many people declare they support equality...Yet there is always a "but". No...Equality is equality...you know...for EVERYONE. Still there is discrimination because so many people have that "but" included when it comes to equality. It really grinds on me. I'm not being funny but...
You're not kidding anyone.
You either are...or you aren't.


really memes loki seriously are you kidding me


8 - What societal view would you change and why?

Easy. The view that everyone has to be skinny and perfect. I remember the first time my younger sister thought she was fat. She was 8 and felt like she didn't look like the "people on TV. In such a narcissistic society, it reaches the point when enough is enough. Not everyone is skinny and that's ok. Be skinny and proud, be curvy and proud. Whatever man, do you.
End of the day to put that skinny model bending over a car for a perfume advert....What even? So to advertise a smell you create a sexual image? To advertise baby formula by showing a glowing mother with make-up looking polished and hair looking beautiful? (Not saying mothers aren't beautiful...but most mothers tell me they don't have time for hair and make-up with newborns!)
I wish I could change how life is portrayed. Putting realistic people in advertisements. Not plastering smiling faces on everyone in every advert. I think if we made the media more realistic people would stop comparing themselves to what they see. Mental health would be so much easier to bare if we didn't have the "ideal person" constantly staring at us from our TV.
Media only represents the idea of a "perfect" person. Dude, what about real life people? 
Don't know about you guys, but my life isn't surrounded by models. 
I'm going to stop now before I get into a full rant.

mugatu movie funny quotes models


9 - If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life; what would it be?

One thing? Are you kidding?!
Awww man...I guess Chinese food. And I wouldn't give a damn how much weight I put on. Chinese food is heaven. It's my go to feel good food, but it's expensive enough so I don't overindulge on it!
#Nailedit!

food will smith fresh prince of bel air diet the fresh prince of bel air


10 - Choose one: Eat bull testicles twice a month for the rest of your life OR live without the internet for the rest of your life?

I can honestly say I have never thought about this!
But I would much prefer to live without the internet! We did okay in the 90s, we were healthy, athletic and actually saw each other for conversations!
I think I would actually love that, living somewhere beautiful with no constant interference from the internet...Ahh peace...

tumblr internet disney frozen parody


11 - How do you think your blog has helped someone else?

I'd like to think at least one person has read an article and taken away something. Whether it's the feeling of not being alone in how they feel or finding a new way to cope with mental health...I'd like to think it can help someone with their own battle with mental health.

helping reaction turtle


Part 3!
11 Random facts about me!

1 - I'm scared of Ferris Wheels. Looking at them makes me feel sick.
2 - I'm dyslexic. However it was only picked up last year due to it not affecting my reading or writing so much. It mainly affects my short term memory and how I comprehend information. It is also why I write in grey and colours. Black on white makes it difficult to read for long periods of time.
3 - I hate the colour pink. No idea why, since I was younger I just hated being put in pink.
4 - When I'm drunk, I think I can sing and dance like Beyonce...unfortunately I can promise you I actually can't...
5 - I have a weird guilty pleasure of popping spots. I can't even explain it...But if my partner has a spot he knows I will want to attack it.
6 - I have a not-so-secret love for Ed Sheeran. I loved his music, then I went to see him perform in Nottingham at halloween a few years ago and his personality just made me fall in love. So my friends are now used to me calling him "my future husband". (He will find me one day!)
7 - I also have an obsession with the 1940's/1950's look. I have a whole Pinterest Board dedicated to style goals...and most of it is pin-up/ rockabilly!
8 -I am really easily amused...And if bored I will find my own kind of entertainment. Even if that means an impromptu performance of a song in the middle of a shopping centre...
9 - I am the worlds shortest giant...Standing at an outstanding 5"1, I am the shortest in the family (It's all good though, I out-boob my family on every level!).
10 - I am part Indian on my mothers side and part Welsh on my fathers side. I don't care what you think, I think that's pretty cool!
11 - I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS)...Also known as Joint hypermobility syndrome. No, it is not "awesome" to be extra bendy. It is a chronic illness...and it hurts!




Part 4!
My Nominations!



Riley Reign @ Spirit & Soul Blog

Kayla Housely @ Lace, Superheroes & Life

Caroline @ Silent D and me

Kylie @ Wobble Bey Bee

Rebecca @ That's so Bee




Emmy @ Emmy Loves

Congratulations guys!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it...is to complete the next series of questions and to head hunt your own selection of new / low follow count blogs that you believe deserves recognition for their work...It's not an easy task...But I believe in you...
May the force be with you...

Part 5
The questions for the next generation of Liebsters!

1 - If you could go back and teach your childhood self one thing, what would it be?
2 - What is your guilty pleasure?
3 - Who is/ has been your biggest inspiration?
4 - What is the favourite thing about yourself? (Get those feel good feelings going!)
5 - Funniest thing ever witnessed?
6 - What is your main vice? (eg smoking, chewing your nails)
7 - If you could go back in time and live in any era, which would it be?
8 - What has been your greatest achievement?
9 - If you could create your own TV show, would would it be called and what would it be about?
10 - What is your biggest wish for the future?
11 - If you could change one thing about the world we live in today, what would it be?
Once again, thank you to Kelly for the nomination! I hope all my nominees find up and coming bloggers that inspire you and the people around you!

Loves!
Pip

7 comments :

  1. I LOVE this!! You are seriously awesome!! Such a great post too. You have a great personality and it shines through in your writing!! I will continue to follow your blog; keep smiling and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! You are seriously awesome!! Such a great post too. You have a great personality and it shines through in your writing!! I will continue to follow your blog; keep smiling and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will be following yours also :) x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating my blog! Your blog is amazing and I can't wait to read more :) I think I'm following you lol. I'm still figuring out blogger and how to follow other people.
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Although I'm not a parent I think your blog is really honest! I loved reading the "Spicy boobs" story xD Had me giggling! x

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating my blog! Your blog is amazing and I can't wait to read more :) I think I'm following you lol. I'm still figuring out blogger and how to follow other people.
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thank you for the nomination. I've published my post, and linked back to your blog. You can view my post on Silent D And Me.

    ReplyDelete